TtcToBabies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TtcToBabies

For those ttc, pregnant and parents

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hyundai Heavy Industries E-catalogue 2011
five year old missing!! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 pm by 

» Tag Team Tushy.torrent
five year old missing!! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 pm by 

» ღWTT Listღ
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am by meg21

» i dont want to wait (tantrum)
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 am by Disneybabe74

» The magic number 3!
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:24 am by nooniepooh

» Plans and Goals
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 am by emily35

» I hate this!
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 am by emily35

» blury ticker
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am by Donna

» thermostat and keeping house warm
five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 am by mad_mummy

five year old missing!!

Go down 
+61
duffy123
mitchsmom
xluvmummyx
jojo83
jadeybabe
laurita81uk
xtina_si
Roxi
Mandy64
cutieflower
mothernature
littleweeble
kelly22
taneilasmom
jess3203
Fran2302
liz_uk
Jenny941
Lolli1405
jo-jo17
Tinsley
notalone
Clare Lynch
mumnproud
rissarox
Minx
CLAIREBEAR77
lizpol
Saskia
sheilarose
Nikky
MooMoosMum
MrsS
KeLLs
IveGotHope
DawnMarie1981
Jemma
Poppit
blondyblueyes
jaya460
lotusblossom1
Donna
Nuttynel
la0lahh
Emma76
katherin
mz_flex
chellbell
JustAddBaby
Laurie H
Love84
shannonrose20
scrapy
tammyp
nooniepooh
Ann13
mad_mummy
Mummy2Two
tiptop
Clara101
emily35
65 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
emily35

emily35

I am : WTT (Waiting To Try)

five year old missing!! Empty
PostSubject: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/search-under-way-girl-5-goes-missing-224915917.html

Im sorry but who lets there 5 year old dd out to play with her friends at 7pm!?

I really really hope shes found soon Sad
Back to top Go down
Clara101

Clara101

I am : Parent

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 am

I really don't think putting blame on the parents is fair.. They live in a tiny Welsh village and were obviously not thinking she would be snatched from the doorstep. Or that someone would coax her into a van. I wouldn't let my LO outside on her own, but I live on a second story maisonette. As easy as it is to blame them, you can guarantee they are already torturing themselves. I cannot fathom what they must be going through, it is every parent's worst nightmare.

I hope and pray they find this little girl safe and sound. It hurts my heart to think of the possibilities though I try not to. Whoever took her is a sick, disgusting human being and I hope they rot in hell.

Back to top Go down
emily35

emily35

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am

oh god i agree, dont blame the parents at all. I feel for them soo much. I think they should search further afield though not just in the village, i hope and pray shes found soon!

Back to top Go down
tiptop

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am

That was my first thought too, that why was she out at that time but those poor parents what they must be going through.
It's just very rare there's a good outcome with this situation. Hope whoever has this little girl can find some ounce of good and return her. I doubt it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Clara101

Clara101

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

I also feel for the little girl who was there to witness it. Playing with her friend and then suddenly she's taken away. Heart breaking. Will be watching for developments to this..

Back to top Go down
Mummy2Two

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

I agree with clara, blaming the parents helps no one - as does been so fast to judge. I am sure there are things I do as a parent that other people don't do - and I'm sure other patents do things that I would never do - but we make decisions based on our own experiences and we have no idea about the area etc this little girl was in.

Some monster has taken a little girl, her parents are going through hell. It really helps no one to start blaming the parents.
Back to top Go down
mad_mummy

mad_mummy

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 am

In an ideal world our children should be safe to play out in the street. Its because of these sick individuals we can't take our eyes off our children.

I was never allowed to play out for that reason. I had very overprotective parents.

I dont blame the parents of this little girl, I just hope they get her back very soon. Makes me think whats the world bloody coming to when people take small kids off the street Sad
Back to top Go down
Ann13

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 am

It's shocking that this has happened, but I agree blaming the parents and saying 'who lets a child play out' helps no-one, kids should be able to play out without worrying about what sick individuals may do tbh x
Back to top Go down
emily35

emily35

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am

i agree kids should be allowed out to play, but at 5yo sand 7pm at night, doesnt go. if it was straight after school fair enough.
Back to top Go down
nooniepooh

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 am

Its awful!

I really hope she is found safe and well.

I read an article this morning and I don't know why but when they asked a man who's daughter went to April's school I just got a funny feeling about what he said, I'll quote him

"Everybody just wants her back, really."

"Whatever we've got to do, we'll do it. We're just hoping for the best, that she's closer rather than further away."

I really don't know why I felt funny reading this!
Back to top Go down
tammyp

tammyp

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am

Im sorry, but at 5 years old, who else should be blamed?

I know this isnt going to help the situation, but really, a 5 yr old, playing outside at 7pm in October, in the dark. The fact they live in a small Welsh village is irrelevant.

I dont have a 5 yr old yet but i certainly dont think that its responsible parental behaviour to allow such a small child to be outside playing at that time.

If it had been a case of, she ran out of the home unawares to her parents and this is how she was taken, then fine, theres little that couldve stopped that happening, but this wasnt the case, they knew where she was, they allowed her out.

If god forbid i was in a similar situation, i would be kicking myself for letting my five yr old out at such a time when at that hour, she really should have been in her pyjamas and about to be tucked up in bed.

Its a sad situation and i feel enormously for the parents, i really do, but they need to take responsibility for this, as well as the person who has taken her.
Back to top Go down
scrapy

scrapy

I am : TTC (Trying To Conceive)

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am

She should never have been put in that position in the first place.

7.30pm out playing in the dark is not where a 5 yo should be, not matter how safe the community is.

I don't think this is going to end well at all.

Back to top Go down
shannonrose20

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 am

Its not a choice majority of us would have made I agree, but I think how the parents must be feeling right now not knowing whether their daughter is alive or dead is punishment in itself.
I didn't really know how to word that, I hope I got it right
Back to top Go down
Love84

Love84

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 am

My first thought - Oh god how awful, i hope they find her safe and unharmed soon.
My second thought - Who lets a 5year old play outside without supervision, let alone at 7.30?

Its NOT fair to blame the parents and i bet they are absolutely devastated but it just goes to show that you cannot leave children alone now adays
Back to top Go down
Laurie H

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 am

I Pray she is found safe and well i really do.

But i have to admit that after being shocked and saddend by the whole situation i did say to my husband that at 5 years old i thought she was out a little late,Kids should be able to play out without the fear of abduction,But sadly in my honest oppinion they cant.

Such and awful story and my point of view is irelevant compaired to how her poor parents must be feeling.
Back to top Go down
JustAddBaby

JustAddBaby

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 am

It's just awful Sad poor little girl I really hope she's found safe & sound.

Back to top Go down
chellbell

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

I hope she's found safe, it's so sad!
But I can't help but think like some of the others why is a 5 year old out at that time if night, shouldn't she be in bed or getting ready to go to bed?!
And if she wasn't let out at that time of night, in the dark without an adult would she have been taken?????????
Back to top Go down
mz_flex

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

I don't think anyone's directly blaming the parents
Things like this happen at all hours of the day but it doesn't stop me thinking it was late for a 5 yr old to be out.
Back to top Go down
Clara101

Clara101

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 am

All I'm saying is that it's early to be making judgements about her poor parents. I heard that her parents had been to a parents evening, which is probably why she was still up. Who knows that they weren't supervised, and that the adult hasn't just popped inside or been distracted? Personally of course I don't think it's okay for a five year old to be out alone at that time and in the dark, but when none of us know what actually happened I just think its cruel to be putting the blame on the parents.
Back to top Go down
tammyp

tammyp

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:15 am

Clara101 wrote:
All I'm saying is that it's early to be making judgements about her poor parents. I heard that her parents had been to a parents evening, which is probably why she was still up. Who knows that they weren't supervised, and that the adult hasn't just popped inside or been distracted? Personally of course I don't think it's okay for a five year old to be out alone at that time and in the dark, but when none of us know what actually happened I just think its cruel to be putting the blame on the parents.

When its something thats beyond the parents control, like she went out, without permission whilst they were distracted then it would be harsh blaing the parents, however if they had just let her go out at 7.30 pm, with permission to play then i do feel that thats very bad judgement on the parents part...they should be taking some responsibility for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Clara101

Clara101

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 am

Oh lord. Everyone is going to have an opinion one way or another but I don't think circumstances should ever be ASSUMED..

How do we know she wasn't being watched and maybe they popped in for a moment? How do you know exactly where she was situated? Vague details have only been reported. Nothing solid. These type of stories always develop overtime and I will save my judgement until then.

Every single time it always comes down to blame and assuming and how the parents are responsible.. Why don't we just focus on the little girl and getting her back? It's awful no matter what. The person to blame is the disgusting asshole who took her and I hope he's caught and beaten the shit out of!
Back to top Go down
katherin

katherin

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 am

I hope she is found safe an well soon.

I live in London and its not that uncommon to see children younger than April playing out alone.
Back to top Go down
tammyp

tammyp

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 am

Clara101 wrote:
Oh lord. Everyone is going to have an opinion one way or another but I don't think circumstances should ever be ASSUMED..

How do we know she wasn't being watched and maybe they popped in for a moment? How do you know exactly where she was situated? Vague details have only been reported. Nothing solid. These type of stories always develop overtime and I will save my judgement until then.

Every single time it always comes down to blame and assuming and how the parents are responsible.. Why don't we just focus on the little girl and getting her back? It's awful no matter what. The person to blame is the disgusting asshole who took her and I hope he's caught and beaten the shit out of!

I am giving an opinion on the details that have been given...that is allowed.

ETA - Never mind, to each there own, i just dont thin 7.30pm is a suitable time for such a young child to be outside playing.
Back to top Go down
Emma76

Emma76

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am

I think the reports that she was playing out with others are why people are taking it to mean u.supervised and no adult had just popped in for a minute, its not assumption its based on what has been reported

i wholeheartedly agree with what Tammy said. We have a duty of care towards our children and tbh just because people have seen younger kids out later ire because its common in certain areas does not make it ok. ever.

I just want to add i totally feel for her parents
Back to top Go down
Clara101

Clara101

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am

Also, can I just say, that if it hadn't been this little girl - you can guarantee it would have been another. Whether she was tucked up in bed or playing outside at 12pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: five year old missing!!   five year old missing!! Empty

Back to top Go down

five year old missing!!
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TtcToBabies :: Welcome To Ttctobabies :: General Chat-
Jump to: